People shopping for a home and a mortgage may have heard the term "Portfolio Lender," and wondered at its meaning. In many cases, a borrower who does not qualify for a conventional loan program from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or FHA is told to seek out a portfolio loan from a portfolio lender.
Simply defined, a portfolio lender is a bank or other lending institution that makes mortgage loans with the intention of holding the loans in their investment portfolios versus selling the mortgage in the secondary market. Our Portfolio lenders can often offer consumers greater flexibility in the loan granting process.
The following are a few examples of what we can do:
- Provide Financing for Real Estate investors seeking financing on their investment properties
- Use Bank statements to qualify instead of Tax Returns
- Provide Asset-based qualification instead of Income based
- Provide financing with out any seasoning on credit event
- Foreign National Programs 1-4 units owner occupied and second homes
And much more….
If a Portfolio Lender Program does not fit your scenario, one of our Private Money Lenders may be your solution.
Ask one of our Solution Advisors today how we can help you. Contact us now!